Compressors,Gas Turbines & Jet Engines LAB VIVA Questions and Answers pdf :-
1. As the value of index of compression ‘n’ increases, the work done in compressing air
2. If n is the index of compression, then work done in compressing air is proportional to
3. Work input to compressor is minimum when the law of compression followed is
4. The compression law (pv)1.4 = constant on temperature – entropy diagram is represented by _____line.
5. The volumetric efficiency with fixed clearance volume and suction being from atmosphere and with increase in delivery pressure will
6. For the given pressure ratio, the leakage past the piston in multi stape compression in comparison to single stage compression is
7. If index of compression for first stage of compression is higher than second stage, then for perfect inter-cooling and minimum total work, the first stage shares work than second.
8. If m and n be the indices of compression for first and second stages of compression, then with perfect intercooling and for minimum work done, the ratio of first stage to second stage of work is ______.
9. Low value of ‘n’ (index of compression) is obtained by _______.
10. In case of compressor used with gas turbine ______ compression is preferable.
11. Amount of work done to compress a given mass of air under specified conditions is ______ .clearance ratio.
8. [m(n – 1)/n(m-1)]
9. cooling the compressor cylinder