555 IC TIMER Questions and Answers pdf :-
1. Explain what is 555 timer?
The 555 times is a highly stable IC that can produce accurate and highly stable time delays or oscillation. The frqeuency of oscillation and duty cycle are accurately controlled by only two external resistors and a capacitor.
2. Explain what do you mean by a grounded load?
When the load is connected between the output terminal (pin 3) and grounded terminal (pin 1), it is called grounded load, this is also sometimes called the normally off load.
3. Explain why normally control terminal of 555 timer is connected to ground through a 0.01µF bypass capacitor?
Normally control terminal (pin 5) of timer is connected to ground through a 0.01µF bypass capacitor so as to prevent noise coupled onto this pin from causing false triggering.
555 IC TIMER Questions and Answers ::
4. Explain what are the two basic modes in which the 555 timer operates?
The 555 timer basically operates in one of the two modes – either as monostable or as an astable multivibrator.
5. Name the CMOS version of the 555 timer.