Blue Gene Seminar :-
Why the name “Blue Gene”?
- “Blue”: The corporate color of IBM
- “Gene”: The intended use of the Blue Gene clusters – Computational biology, specifically, protein folding
Blue Gene Projects
Four Blue Gene projects :
- Blue Gene/L
- Blue Gene/C
- Blue Gene/P
- Blue Gene/Q
Blue Gene Advantages :
- Less space (half of the tennis court)
- Heat problems most supercomputers face
Blue Gene Limitations :
- Memory Limitation (512 MB/node)
- Simple node kernel (does not support forks, threads)
- BLUE BRAIN PROJECT, 6 JUNE
- IBM and Ecol Poly technique Federal de Lausanne (EPFL), in Switzerland to study the behavior of the brain and model it.
- PROTEIN FOLDING
Content of the Seminar and pdf report for Blue Gene :
- What is Blue Gene
- Why the name “Blue Gene”?
- Blue Gene Projects