Antibiotic resistance pathogens Multiple Choice Questions | Medical microbiology
1.Overuse of sanitizer may induce resistance in microorganisms
2. Which of the following respiratory pathogens are the common worldwide antibiotic resistance bacteria?
A. Staphylococcus aeruginosa and Neisseria gonorrhoea
B. Staphylococcus aureus and Haemophilus influenzae
C. Staphylococcus aureus and Mycobacterium tuberculosis
D. Streptococcus pneumoniae and Mycobacterium tuberculosis
3. Which of the following gram positive bacteria is becoming a threat and is considered a global pandemic in antibiotic resistivity?
A. Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRS)
B. Mycobacterium tuberculosis
C. Pseudomonas aeruginosa
D. Candida albicans
4. Which of the group of gram negative bacteria have become carbapenem resistant (treatment of last resort)?
B. Staphylococcus spp and Streptococcus spp
5. Which of the following gastrointestinal, gram positive bacteria are posses are an important Vancomycin resistant bacteria?
6. Which of the following multidrug resistance (MDR) gram negative pathogens are the commonly isolated from nosocomial infections and major cause of Healthcare associated infections?
A. Salmonella typhimurium and Shigella sonnie
B. Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter baumanii
C. Staphylococcus aureus and Bacillus anthracis
7. Which of the following gram negative pathogen also known as stomach bug that causes dysenteric diarrhea have emerged as a extensively drug-resistant bacteria (XDR)?
A. Mycobacterium spp
B. Shigella spp
C. Clostridium spp
D. Bacillus spp
8. According to Central Disease Control (CDC. about 1 million people have died due to antibiotic resistant infections in recent years.
Which of the following is considered the main cause of antibiotic resistance? select all the correct answers.
A. Overuse of antibiotic drugs
B. Incorrect prescription of antibiotics (Use of antibiotics in viral infections)
C. Not following healthcare personnel advise for antibiotic use
D. None of the above
Answer: A & B
9. The recent ‘Shigellosis’ outbreak in United States of America have developed resistance to which of the following commonly used antibiotics (drug of choice) to treat the infection?
A. Ciprofloxacin and Azithromycin
B. Rifampicin and Flucanozole
C. Cephalosporin and Imipenem